4/29/13

Music Monday 4.29.13 Adinah Kari




UxU fans…Music Monday is back in effect! Sorry for the delay, but we always come back with hotter material to make up for the short hiatus.

This week we are highlighting the DMV grown femcee Adinah Kari. A senior at Old Dominion University, Adinah currently double majors in Mass Communication and Criminal Justice with a goal to work in the entertainment industry. However, her dream is to continue with her music.

Music has always been a part of her life. Growing up, Adinah was somewhat of a troublemaker at home leaving her with plenty of time to hone her crafts. Writing and music were the only things that kept her alive. It was at this moment in her life that she started to write. She began to rap her own songs once she got to college.

Her upcoming mixtape, The Green Mile, is a showcase of her talent and what she describes as “her journey.”

“I say the green mile is a reflection of the road I’m embarking towards success,” Kari said.

This album is the first of many great works to come from this aspiring artist. She is hoping to reach her fans through the messages behind her music. Her style is raw and the one word to describe her lyrics is “real.” 



Adinah’s smooth flow stands out within her music and her messages speak from where she’s come from and what she’s been through. Her experiences, like many other rappers, scream through her 16 bars.

I want my music to say I can give people what they want to hear, but at the same time have a message behind it,” Kari said. “When I first started writing raps I was influenced by the wrong artists. After maturing and becoming more socially conscious, the content of my music has changed. I want people to be able to rock to my music, but I want the substance to be recognized as well.”

Adinah has worked with a number of rising artists and producers on her mixtape, including the former Music Monday femcee Autumn LaBella. Kari says that the combination of LaBella’s voice and her flow helps to make her track “Lifeline” come to life.




If she could work with anyone, dead or alive, she would love to collaborate with Lauryn Hill, Rick Ross, and Miguel. Although she admires creative lyricist in the rap game, her first love is R&B/Soul. In fact, if she were to press play, Erykah Badu would be blasting through her headphones.

“I listen to more R&B than I do rap music, especially 90’s R&B,” Kari said.” If I was blessed with a good voice I would be pursuing a singing career. But those aren’t the cards I was dealt.”

Adinah doesn’t want fame. She just wants to do what she loves. She doesn’t want to be judged, but rather understood. Although, she is very excited to release her music to the world for the first time.

“Fame frightens me, but my love for my music conquers that fear, so I am excited for people to hear my music,” Kari said.

Be on the lookout for The Green Mile releasing very VERY soon. It’s going to be hot and it’s definitely not something you’d want to miss.

Adinah Kari is on Twitter and InstaGram so show her some love @Adinah_Kari. Follow Back!

Also, be sure to cop some UxU gear at www.uxudmv.com. Tis’ the season to be flyy. Make sure you follow us on InstaGram and Twitter as well @uxudmv.

Remember, being you is the best look. Maintain originality and NEVER conform.

Much Love.

-Snook <3

1 comments:

Post a Comment